Accurate top end assembly
Correct assembly of the top end of any internal combustion engine is the key to optimizing the power that engine can make.
356 engines, with the separate cylinder architecture, requires careful measurement and control of several dimensions to assure accurate assembly and maximum power.
Our Top End Tool Kit measures five of the variables to very close tolerances:
1. This measures whether the cylinder tops are 'tilted'
2. This measures whether the cylinder tops are parallel, but unequal in height
3. This measures the deck heights of each piston
4. This measures the lower combustion chamber volume
5. This measures the head chamber volume
See Compression Ratio article for specifics on chamber volumes